Technological advancements involving Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics, and other such technologies have played a massive and crucial role in reshaping different industries. Businesses across the world have been benefiting from these technological advancements for a long time. But, now sidelining all these technical innovations, Blockchain is proving to be disruptively transforming the different industries and processes’ functioning and performance. Blockchain technology has been a leveling inclusion in operation, as the previous technologies had brought benefits for enterprises more than consumers, but Blockchain platforms have facilitated the power over data for customers.
The world has witnessed the application of Blockchain technology in major industries such as finance and logistics. Now the same is going to happen in marketing and advertising. Marketing and advertising are expected to be the next major field to boost the application of disruptive Blockchain technology.
Digital Marketing is a crucial component of every business nowadays. A business must utilize various online platforms effectively to be visible to all sections of society. One such platform is social media networks. Digital marketing is a growing phenomenon currently and Blockchain technology, being the latest innovation, is all set to change the world of digital advertising in a new way. Blockchain is increasingly deploying in the digital marketing industry and causing a revolution in brand-customer relationships. Blockchain ensures increased transparency in all business operation areas as the entire set of information is stored digitally in Blockchain, and this information is not vulnerable to tampering or deletion. This allows companies to keep a check on the exact use of and outcome of the funds.
Blockchain technology’s application is rapidly increasing in the digital marketing and advertising sector. It’s bringing some benefits to the companies, but it is important to know how Blockchain influences digital advertising.
Impact of Blockchain in Marketing and Advertising
Marketing has transformed so much in the past few years due to the arrival of various disruptive technologies but recent innovation has shown the signs of another major revolution in the industry, and this innovation is Blockchain technology. SO, let’s see what way Blockchain is transforming digital advertising for the better-
- Power to the People: One of the most important and exciting aspects of Blockchain is that it allows the power over data back to customers. Previous technologies like artificial intelligence, analytics, and others have facilitated control over data for businesses and companies as companies with these technologies can obtain the data from customers for business purposes. Someway allowing companies to have control over personal information of customers obtains some benefits for customers too such as personalized marketing but mostly this has been invasive by the companies as sometimes companies are making money by obtaining and even selling the personal information of customers gathered in their wake. Blockchain is transforming digital advertising by abolishing companies’ ability to pull data from an audience without offering any value against the information. With Blockchain applications, consumers can experience an entirely new way of advertisement viewing by getting the benefits of online attention they pay to the advertisements.
- Authentication and Transparency: Earlier, the customer had to depend on luck to deliver the right product and quality. Now, customers don’t need to ask whether the product is authentic or not? Or where it is manufactured? Blockchain can respond to such questions. Companies can verify where and when a particular product originated, who manufactured it, and the properties and components of the product. Today’s customer cares not just about quality but also the integrity and process of the companies. As Blockchain provides end-to-end transparency for the whole set of information, it helps eliminate the risk of high ad fraud levels. This feature does not exist in the current traditional ad space.
- Elimination of Confusing Ad-spend: Blockchain builds a trusted and verified chain of advertisement expenditure from spender to end-user. Due to this, the publisher’s amount is reduced from 85 percent to 40 percent, as Blockchain has removed many third parties or intermediaries in between. This removal has reduced the cost of digital advertising for marketing teams. Going through one or more third parties drives ad-tracking a complicated procedure, but Blockchain makes information readily accessible for marketers.
- Keywords Tracking: Marketers find it hard to track keywords. Blockchain allows real numbers to marketers for tracking keywords. A Blockchain-powered tracker can account for inconsistencies that marketers have while creating reports or attempting to summarize efforts. Blockchain technology enables keywords’ position tracking across devices in any location. This allows marketers to create more data-driven. Accurate campaigns.
- Blockchain changes the Social Media: The decentralized network of Blockchain enable users to discover, share and connect without conventional social media surveillance. Blockchain technology discovered a new way of gaining consumer attention as it classified the content according to popularity and drove the most famous content climbing the ranking chart. Such social media changes allow control over data to users. This has changed companies’ and brands’ attitudes, and now they need to offer absolute transparency.
Many Blockchain experts are currently working to transform the digital marketing process into a more transparent and reliable system. The real impact of disruptive Blockchain technology is not just the newly developed use cases found implementation in the marketing and advertising field but the way these use cases would impact the entire process of digital marketing and the changes it brought in the digital marketplace. Blockchain technology is of great importance for the digital marketing field. It is revolutionizing various industries, and the digital marketing and advertising industry is also not an exception. Blockchain has the potential to cause a tremendous positive impact on the digital marketing industry. If you are a digital marketer, it’s the right time for you to opt for a Blockchain technology application as this benefits the consumers and makes the process less complicated for marketers. Also, being a business owner, the use of Blockchain in your advertising can have a positive impact on the branding of your product. Availing services of a Blockchain Council or other such online Blockchain learning platform certified Blockchain professional may benefit Blockchain-powered digital marketing solution to your business.